The Beauty in Life

Friday, December 01, 2006

First Snowfall of the Season.... (and I spent it on the couch)

For those of you that don't know, I sprained my ankle in Tuesday night's basketball game. I'm on cruthes, and I'll be on them for at least a week. It's been awful to have to sit and watch everything. Like yesterday at bball practice, I had to watch every one play while I just sat there. Then today, when we had a perfectally good snow day with inventations from friends to sled, build snowmen, and bake cookies, I spent it iceing my ankle on the couch. I hate this. I hate sitting around and having everyone else wait on me. If I try to get up, everyone yells at me and swarms around me trying to get all my stuff. I am soooo thankful for my friend Chris who has taken my bag and books to each room. That's the one thing that I know that I can't do by myself. I'm also overdosing on advil, but I made it through the night without pain, so I'm happy. My goal is to play in Tuesday's game, but my parents and coach tell me that it will be a couple weeks. I hope it heals faster than that, but until the swelling goes down a bit, I don't know.

But I hate sitting around all day when there's so many wonderful things to be done. I can't even enjoy the beautiful snow that we had today. (something about cold weather warms my heart.) But if I'm going to heal, I'll have to start being less independent.

I'm also very sore from the crutches, but I'm becoming quite talented on them. It kinda scares my mom though when I go backwards or too fast, or try to open the door with them.

3 Comments:

  • Totally know what you mean about cold weather warming your heart!!!! I hope your ankle heals quickly and you can get to making snowmen and cookies and such. And may your next snow day be a wonderful one with lots of hot chocolate and snowmen. loves

    By Blogger Sarah, at Friday, December 01, 2006 8:32:00 PM  

  • Hey Bekah!
    I wish I could have been there to support you, I don't have to work on Tuesdays, so if you could tell me when the games are that are home and I'll do my best to get there. I hope you get better really soon!

    By Blogger crzyblonde19, at Saturday, December 02, 2006 11:08:00 AM  

  • HEY BEKAH

    sRRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR ANKLE! I HOPE IT HEALS QUICKLY SO YOU CAN GET BACK TO THE GAMES! IM SURE THEY NEED YOU OUT THERE! WELL IM ALSO SRRY THAT U MISSED OUT ON THE SNOW! IM SURE WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER SNOW DAY JUST FOR U SO U CAN ENJOY THE SNOW HOT CHOCALATE AND COOKIES! gOOD LUCK!

    By Blogger miss wide bottum, at Sunday, December 03, 2006 3:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home