The Beauty in Life

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Break

I'm supposed to be at basketball right now, but they called me 30 minutes ago and told me that it's canceled. I was really pissed of so I bought myself a song off of itunes. It was after I hit the button confirming my purchase that I realized that it was going to take 30 minutes to download on our dinosaur of an internet connection so I decided to tell you all what's been happening over Chrismas break.

First of all, as some of you might know, I am a horrible shopper. So Dirk and I went on December 23rd-- the last possible date that we could-- to get my mom's gift-- an under the cabinet C.D. player for the kitchen so she can listen to what she wants when she's cooking. She is the hardest person to shop for, so I was pretty psyched about this one. We were even going to stay up late on Christmas Eve to intall it for her.

So we start out at Best Buy. We spent a little time deciding which one had the best sound quality and picked one out. It was then that we realized that there were no boxes around. So we asked. They just kinda laughed at us and told us they've been sold out for a while.

So we advance to Target where they had this advertised in one of their ads so we thought we had a better shot at it. The lady checked and they didn't have any, but the Target in Iowa had ONE left. They couldn't put it on hold though, because it was in the ad.

So over the river and through the woods to the magical land of Davenport. We get in the store and finally ask the guy (he didn't really seem to know what he was doing), but he checked and said that they had just sold the last one.

Next door to Iowa's Best Buy. We had a horrendous time getting into the parking lot. They're right next door, so Dirk kept trying to cheat the system thinking that their lots would be connected. They're not. So 10 minutes later, he decided to just drop me off at the door while he finds a parking spot.

I was so anxious about getting the gift because of our past failures that I got out of the van while it was still moving. In this process I landed wrong on my bad ankle (which was pretty much healed) and twisted it. I was in so much pain, but I just limped into the store hoping to get the gift.

I walked it off and headed to the section of the store where they were. No boxes. So I asked the man. He informed me that they were backordered until February. Great.

So 3 and a half hours later, I gave up and got her a DVD.

But in other news, I got a cell phone for Christmas. I'm pretty excited about this, because I didn't think I'd get one until I turned 16. So except for the C.D. player fiasco, all is well on the home front. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

2 Comments:

  • Sorry that you weren't able to get the gift you wanted for your mom. But congrats on the cell phone! I hope your ankle is okay though.

    By Blogger Sarah, at Thursday, December 28, 2006 2:04:00 PM  

  • oh bekah...silly you...they sell CD players at many more places than best buy and target

    you shoulda tried American
    or WalMart
    see you soon friend...and i hope your texting worked out

    -andrew-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, January 04, 2007 10:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home